I am a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist specializing in children & adult counseling. I work with individuals, couples, and families who are facing challenges including chronic illnesses, depression, anxiety, stress management, relationship issues, grief and loss, as well as other life transitions. My approach is both client-centered and solution-focused, and I incorporate many other treatment modalities based on the client's needs.
Furthermore, my experience in working with various cultures, particularly, social economic statuses, ethnicities, and religions allows me to provide culturally competent work. In addition to my private practice, I facilitate support groups for Anger Management & Parenting Classes.
My goal is for you to leave my office having learned how to best cope with your struggles. Your time with me will be a time where you will be heard, validated, and challenged just enough to get you thinking about how and where you would like your life to be.
I earned my Bachelor's degree in psychology from California State University, Long Beach.
Master's degree in psychology with an emphasis on Marriage and Family Therapy from CA State University, Dominguez Hills.
I completed my Doctoral Program in Child Psychology and Psychotherapy at The Reiss-Davis Graduate Center.
Certifications & Associations:
• Certified Anger Management Facilitator
• Employee Assistance Specialist-Clinical (EAS-C) by International Employee Assistance Professionals Association
• Certified Gottman's Method Couples Therapy Level I Specialist
• Member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
• Member of the National Anger Management Association (NAMA)
• Member & a provider of The California Association of Anger Management Providers (CAAMP)
Mandarin, and Chiu-Chow (Conversationally)